GET FREE GOOD UPLIFTING NEWS

Email:

Saturday, December 12, 2009

open your eyes


Every night when I walk up the stairs in the dark it is as if someone has but a blind fold over 1 of my eyes - just 1.

I don't quite understand this phenomenon even though an opthalmologist has given me a name for it - Adie Tonic Pupil.

Sometimes in a semi dark room you can see that 1 pupil is large and 1 pupil is small. Always the right 1 is large and I'm not sure if that is the eye with the Adie or the left 1.

What I do know is that when I got that bad migraine last week it was a pain behind my right eye and my right pupil was enlarged.
I also know that it is an autonomic nervous system sign. The ANS is like a control system and is involved with heart rate, digestion, respiration rate, salivation, perspiration, pupil, urination, and sexual arousal.
Links:
Holmes-Adie syndrome at Washington University Neuromuscular

1 comment:

Good said...

never heard of this